[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] 6ef6b7: Fixes Issue 5385 - Access must be checked for stat...

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 09:54:15 PST 2012

Damn tab.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Philippe Sigaud
<philippe.sigaud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Kenji Hara:
>
>> T.tupleof generates a tuple of field *symbols*.

struct S
{
    int a,b,c;
}

void main()
{
    writeln(S.tupleof); // Error! Type S is not an expression.
}

Which is why I didn't get the OP code.

But this works:

void main()
{
    writeln(typeof(S.tupleof).stringof); // (int,int,int)
}

That's... disturbing, or maybe I'm too tired to think straight, but why is
it NOK for the former version and OK for the latter?

>> Getting type from a tuple of symbols returns a tuple of types in D.

That seems reasonable.