[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 18 11:45:17 PST 2012

On 1/18/2012 9:14 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> That's a concern, not that trello doesn't support IE8 but that Walter uses it.

Whether I use IE8 or not is irrelevant to using trello.

The issue is more one of telling D developers and collaborators "if you want to
even look at the project plan, you have to change operating systems or install a
browser from a different company." It's not like IE8 is rare out there, and IE9
will not install on Windows XP. IE8 has what, a 50% market share?

As I wrote here earlier (why was this cross-posted to multiple D mailing lists?
Now there are two different threads on the same topic.) I submitted a bug report
on this to trello. The response was they blew it off.

Should we be blowing off D collaborators with derisive comments about IE8 users?
I'm fine with blowing off DOS users, Windows 95 users, etc., but XP is still a
widely used operating system and we blow XP developers off at our peril. In a
couple years, when MS officially dumps support for it, maybe.