[dmd-internals] Oldest five bugs

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Wed Jan 18 13:48:12 PST 2012

On 1/18/12 3:41 PM, Don Clugston wrote:
>  From 5 years 8 months to 5 years 6 months. I don't think we get much
> leverage from that.

We must start somewhere, and with time the "de-aging" process will
accelerate. Without giving old bugs due process, we undermine people's
confidence that we're thorough and that every bug will be ultimately
looked at.

> We don't have the resources to improve either the number of open bugs,
> or the age of the oldest bug, by enough that anybody would care.
> By contrast...
>
> REGRESSIONS.

I agree regressions are important. But we shouldn't frame things as
"either we look at older bugs or fix regressions". I think each release
should pay attention to both.

Andrei