[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Wed Jan 18 14:48:43 PST 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 18 de enero a las 13:14 me escribiste:
> On 1/18/12 12:26 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >Alex, el 18 de enero a las 18:46 me escribiste:
> >>It's simple: It usually goes in both. You file a bug/enhancement
> >>request/whatever on Bugzilla. People then post on Trello when they're
> >>working on it, adding comments/changes as they make progress.
> >
> >So now to know the state or a bug I have to see 2 sites. Great!
>
> We have in-house task management software at Facebook that is
> separate from (and virtually not integrated with) the issue tracking
> software. We use it to great effect, and based on that experience I
> can tell it would be beneficial (I'd actually say "basic survival")
> to use something similar for D.
>
> Leandro, your thoughts and ideas are always welcome, but they seem
> to come straight from the viewpoint that we're good as we are. As a
> participant to this project, I can tell we're not. Me must get
> organized in 2012 as an essential matter.

No Andrei, you're wrong, take probably the biggest opensource project
ever, Linux, as an example and realize that that's not **necessary** (if
you think Linux is a completely different piece of software, take Python
as an example). I've been always *pushing* ways to be more organized in
the development of D, so I completely agree about the goal, I just feel
like you might not be moving in the right direction.

Anyway, I will just shut up because I have no idea about what is Trello
about and have no information whatsoever about do you plan to use it (is
there any place where I can find this discussion?). If bugzilla will
**really** stay the same (I wish it would get much better though, maybe
that's why you feel like you need another tool), I will not complain
anymore (same if it get *replaced* by a better alternative for that
matter).