[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 19:47:09 PST 2012

Don't we require git in order to develop for D?

IMO learning git (if you prefer other version control systems, or don't know git) is way more taxing a requirement than requiring installing another browser.  The "switching OS" argument is ridiculous :)  And so is the 50% market share.  IE's total market share is just at 50%, and IIRC (wikipedia is protesting right now), a significant portion of that is IE6 (maybe 10% market share?)

It's not like trello.com would replace bugzilla, people who are not interested in developing D, but interested in reporting bugs on D would still be able to use IE8 to report bugs.

Not advocating for trello.com (I haven't even looked at the site), but we should not worry about catering to people who are petty enough to refuse working on a project because IE (or firefox, or opera, or whatever) doesn't support them.  But we should cater to people who already *do* work on D.  This means your opinion matters more than the worry of what others might think.

If it were an OS issue, I'd agree with you.  But browsers take about 2 minutes to install and the interface is near universal.

-Steve