[dmd-internals] Oldest five bugs

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Thu Jan 19 06:24:18 PST 2012

On 1/19/12 2:59 AM, Don Clugston wrote:
> Please note that the process of fixing bugs is not random.
> I documented the priority list a very long time ago, it was originally
> based on a post by Walter.
>
> http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#DMDCompilerStability
>
> I've been following that for several years now.

I knew that, and that's great. I don't think Walter is following that
though, but that's beside the point.

This thread has degenerated however from "let's get better structure in
our team" to "let's get better prioritization for fixing bugs". I am now
given examples left and right of how we can use bugzilla because
everybody now talks about bugs.

I want us to acquire better organizational means that allow us to
maximize impact of our work, not only on fixing bugs, but on
implementing advertised features and new features. We need to have plans
and pursue them to completion. We need to have a roadmap with
milestones, predictable evolution, and things people may rely on us for.

We just can't cowboy it anymore.

Andrei