[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Jan 19 11:08:55 PST 2012

On Jan 19, 2012, at 8:02 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> 5. Leandro has the strong opinion that we don't need additional tools. He's not a massive participant to D but I mention this because he argues his point very passionately. I'm looking forward to equal passion in participation to D itself.

To be fair, Leandro wrote a "mostly parallel" GC for D which incorporates precise scanning and it's been pretty much entirely ignored for ages now.  He's contributed in a number of other areas as well, and I consider him a valuable member of the community in terms of code contribution, despite any recognition for his work.  He's also possibly the first contributor to druntime besides myself, as he's been involved since it was a part of Tango.

As a qualifier for the above, I do feel somewhat responsible for Leandro's GC being ignored (the CDGC branch has languished since before we move to github).  I'd love to change this, but I simply don't have the time to invest right now.  The best I can do is point at it and hope others take interest.