[dmd-internals] Bugzilla keyword suggestions

Daniel Murphy yebblies at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:03:06 PST 2012

I'm not sure what the disadvantage of having a bunch of new keywords
is, worst case they never get used.

Best case they make related bugs much easier to search for.  People
are much better at assigning keywords than they are at giving bugs
meaningful and searchable descriptions.  A lot of the time to find
duplicates I have to rely on my memory and searching for synonyms.

As for pull requests, it seems like they could be better represented
by a status change. (I don't know how customizable bugzilla is here)
Something like NEW -> CONFIRMED -> ASSIGNED -> PATCHED -> (MERGED) -> FIXED
This would better document the actual life cycles of the bugs.

Something to consider.  The current setup is workable but it could be
a little better.