[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] dbd904: durn, forgot elfobj

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jul 12 12:21:26 PDT 2012

On 12 jul 2012, at 21:01, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> On Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:51:44 GitHub wrote:
>> durn, forgot elfobj
>
> I don't know exactly what your process is in terms of how you manage adding
> files and how you use git and whatnot, but if you run
>
> git status
>
> it will tell you which files have been changed and which have not been added.
> So, unless you routinely have files sitting in your local repository which
> aren't supposed to be added (and which don't make sense to put in .gitignore
> for whatever reason), you can use git status to easily check for files that
> haven't been added or committed and make sure that you don't miss any files
> whenever you commit. Then it will be much harder to push anything to github
> which won't build properly due to missing files or missing updates.

I agree, I constantly use "git status" and "git diff".

.git/info/exclude is used for ignoring private files that shouldn't be put into .gitignore.

Putting this in the git config (~/.gitconfig) :

[color]
    status = auto

Will show modified and untracked files in red when using "git status". It will show files added to the index in green. It's also possible to add colors to the "diff" and "branch" commands:

[color]
    diff = auto
    branch = auto

Remote branches will show up in red and local will show up in green.

--
/Jacob Carlborg