[dmd-internals] longdouble and splitting off typedefs in mars.h

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 18 00:13:43 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have recently started moving across longdouble.h, and the use of
ldouble() over into GDC's copy of the D frontend from upstream DMD.  I
see there's an (attempted?) implementation for GDC already in
longdouble.h

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/root/longdouble.h#L16

However, this does not work as GDC's real_t implementation relies on
some typedef's in mars.h, and #include mars.h won't work as mars.h
depends upon longdouble.h.  The only way I can see around it is to
split off all integral and floating typedefs (perhaps not complex_t)
from mars.h into a new header named - eg, coretypes.h.  Would it be ok
if I perform this slight internal move about and pull it into DMD?

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';