[dmd-internals] Language Feature Deprecations

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Jul 21 17:09:11 PDT 2012

Am I correct in my understanding that these keywords are or will be
deprecated?:

cdouble
cfloat
creal
delete
idouble
ifloat
ireal
typedef
volatile

Though I assume that they will be kept as keywords for the foreseeable future.

And am I correct in my understanding thatn these symbols are or will be
deprecated?:

<>
<>=
!<>
!<>=
!<
!<=
!>
!>=
===

I finally started on a D lexer, and I'd like to make sure that I handle these
correctly. It's my intention to treat the deprecated keywords the same way
that macro gets treated in that they're keywords, but they aren't valid for
anything. And I intend to ignore the existence of the deprecated symbols
completely (treating them as you'd treat any combination of symbols that
aren't a single token). But to do that, I need to make sure that I have the
list right.

I've already found a couple of bugs in the spec too (#8403 and #8406), and
that's not including the fact that all of the above (save for ===) are still
treated as part of the language per the docs. So, hopefully the spec will have
fewer errors in it when I'm done.

- Jonathan M Davis