[dmd-internals] Git on Windows

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:42:15 PST 2012

Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> I develop on Windows, but my git install is on linux. I copy the changed files
over to linux, then run the git commands. Yeah, I know it's not the usual git
workflow, but git sux on Windows, and I don't care for the grief.

Is the problem msys? It likes to spawn a limited command window with
no copy-paste functionality.

If you'd like to, I could help you set up Console2 on Windows. Here's
what Git looks like for me:

http://i.imgur.com/R9fHM.png

And I have Ctrl+V paste working ok, as well as copy on mouse select.
With Console2 you can have multiple tabs opened so you can work on
multiple projects at once (and they can have a startup directory set).
You can also make a shortcut to the desktop for any customized tab so
you start working in a predefined directory when you open it.