[dmd-internals] Git on Windows

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:32:43 PST 2012

On 11/7/12, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> While I appreciate the help, git always struck me as another one of those
> linux
> program with a sorry, lame port to windows. Git developers are all linux
> devs,
> not windows devs, and it shows. I've had enough of those, and Don has also
> tried
> to use git on Windows with lots of frustrating problems.

Yeah I know. It just seems like having to copy files from win32 to
posix could be quite a chore..

Now that we have libgit2 D bindings
(https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/dlibgit) it's at least
theoretically possible to make a native Windows Git client. (the
library doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the git client, but
it is slowly improving).