[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] 10640a: dang, forgot that one, too

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 04:08:12 PST 2012

On Nov 7, 2012, at 1:12 AM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/2012 9:04 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>> On 11/6/2012 7:44 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> I do run the test suite locally before committing.
>> On all platforms?  On the code you _actually_ committed not vs what you have in some other client?
>>
>> Based on the frequency of omitting a file and/or seeing a broken build, the answer to both of those is all too often
>> 'no'.  Both of which would be true if you followed the pull + merge model that everyone else follows.
>
> I run it on all the platforms but FreeBSD64 and then copy the files to the git repository on Linux.

How are you doing the cross compile? I think you have to do it after copying to Linux. I don't know if it'd help, but you can have a clone of the git repo at your home that you push to instead of github. Running the tester by pulling from that would solve the missing file issue.

Another candidate idea: Is it possible to run git through cygwin? It basically provides linux on windows... Something that I always have when developing on windows.