[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] 10640a: dang, forgot that one, too

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Nov 7 05:13:23 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I know it's not the
> usual git workflow, but git sux on Windows, and I don't care for the grief.

Sorry, but I think you are just unnecessarily making life hard for
yourself. What exactly is so bad about Git on Windows that it
justifies manually copying the files over to a Linux box, with all the
additional problems/chaos this entails? We might be able to help. Also
note that the quality of Git on Windows has been improving a lot
lately (at least in my experience), so if you have tried it the last
time a few years ago, you might want to give it another shot.

If you don't want to use GitHub for testing your commits before
pushing them to master, I'd suggest not copying over the files from
your development box to the other ones where you run the test suite,
but instead exporting the respective Git repositories as a network
share and pulling the new commits from them using Git.

This way, you could easily catch missing files and other problems like
that. Let me emphasize that broken commits are indeed very annoying
when you are trying to make sense of the history, for example when
cumbersome).

David