[dmd-internals] Memory Leak

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Sun Nov 11 14:33:00 PST 2012

On 11/11/2012 1:03 PM, David Held wrote:

> So what do you think about adding some smart pointers to at least recover most
> of the memory?

I've thought about using smart pointers for the CTFE stuff. I think that would
resolve it.

I'm a little concerned that using smart pointers in general would cause slowdowns.

Another refactoring I'd like to see happen in dmd is that some of its data
structures become copy-on-write, as many, many problems have been caused by
changing things that someone else assumed wouldn't be changed.