[dmd-internals] time for a release?

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Mon Sep 3 16:25:30 PDT 2012

On 9/3/12 11:09 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 00:37:44 +0200, Alex Rønne Petersen
> <xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In all seriousness, I have no real opinion on putting out a release.
>> My only input is: Whenever we do it, let's do it properly with
>> branching this time. Stalling the pull request queue even MORE just
>> because of a release is not acceptable.
>>
> Right, we should really sort this out before the next release.

Yeppers. BTW, we could use d-programming-language.org as a warmup. Right
now we're having the following problem: some fixes are intended to be
pushed immediately (e.g. typos), whereas others are to be done at the
next release.

Could a git conoisseur document the procedure on the wiki so we have it?

Thanks,

Andrei