[dmd-internals] GitHub commit status API

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 4 10:43:09 PDT 2012

Hrm.. there's one important difference between the way this api is designed and the way the auto-tester tests the pull
requests.  The api tags a specific sha, which would be the tip of the pull requests revision history.  That's fine if
the merge to master is purely a fast-forward merge (ie, the pull request is based on the tip of the master tree and is
purely additive).  However, if the pull request is NOT based off the tip of the tree, then a merge is involved and the
auto-tester is testing the result of that merge, NOT the pull request pre-merge.

I can go ahead and apply the status to the pull requests tip sha, but it'll be a little misleading in that it's entirely
possible that the pull request builds w/o a merge to master but doesn't with.  Likely to be a fairly rare occurrence,
but worth noting.