[dmd-internals] dmd-devel version number

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sat Feb 9 21:04:32 PST 2013

Walter Bright, el  8 de February a las 10:02 me escribiste:
> >I think the way to go is to completely get rid of any VERSION file and
> >use git to set version numbers through tags, but one step at the time ;)
> >

> VERSION drives git, not the other way around!

No, is definitely the other way around. That's why you have a version
control system.

But never mind, I just want a binary with full version information for
development snapshots. Is there any way to convince you to accept having
that? Something needs to be changed, a way to differentiate releases
from development snapshots.