[dmd-internals] shared gitconfig?

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sun Jan 6 16:45:20 PST 2013

Bernard Helyer, el  7 de January a las 10:15 me escribiste:
> On 7 January 2013 09:45, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, January 06, 2013 14:39:11 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >

> > > I wonder how we can define a few aliases of project-wide usefulness to
> > > git. For example, I tried today to get the latest and greatest phobos
> > > into my repo, and got a bunch of conflicts. I searched a while on the
> > > net to figure what the command for "just get the latest remote into my
> > > local copy", which is entirely possible but not obvious and not easy to
> > > find. I got it from here: http://goo.gl/pWvVB and the invocation is:
> > >
> > > git pull --rebase -s recursive -X ours
> >

> Err, shouldn't
>
> git reset --hard origin/branch-name
>
> work?

Not exactly, what he wants (or at least what the stackoverflow question
suggests) is to a rebase, but instead of resolving conflicts manually, make git
pick the remote version as the "resolved" version for each file with conflict.

Maybe I'm missing some common use case, but at first sight I think this is
extremely dangerous and something you shouldn't do unless you know very well is
safe to do so (because you probably messed something in your own commits and
know you want to discard it in favor of the remote version).

But I think providing an easy alias to do this could do more harm than good.
People shoudn't be able to do this easily.

MP: Cómo está, estimado Bellini?   B: Muy bien, Mario, oraculizando.
MP: Qué tengo?                     B: El auto mal estacionado.
MP: No, en mi mano, Bellini...     B: Una murga!
MP: No, escuche bien. Es de lona.  B: Un ring, Mario.
MP: No Bellini. Tiene cordones.    B: La vereda.
MP: No Bellini! Muy fácil, eh! Es  B: Una modelo, Mario!
    imprescindible para jugar al   B: Un negro, Mario.
    basquet.
MP: No, Bellini, no y no!
	-- El Gran Bellini (Mario Podestá con unas zapatillas de basquet)