[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] e81802: forgot code.h

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Tue Jan 8 04:53:16 PST 2013

Walter Bright, el  7 de January a las 17:26 me escribiste:
> On 1/7/2013 3:58 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >>I.e. I haven't figured out how to do pull requests from the
> >>repository linked to github d-p-l, and I haven't figured out how to
> >>push to github d-p-l from the walterbright fork, if it is even
> >>possible. It makes my brain hurt even thinking about it.
> >I'd like to help you but I have to understand what you're trying to do. Do you
> >have also 2 github accounts? Or you have only one as the owner of the
> >organization? Also, are you doing any pull request merging using your local
> >cloned repository and then pushing the changes to the remote organization's
> >repository, or are you just using the "Merge" button in the web interface?
>
> One git on my local machine is synced with my github account,
> WalterBright, which is a fork. The other is the one created as part
> of creating the dmd repository under d-programming-language.

I assume by "One git on my local machine" you mean one git repository, right?
And you have only one GitHub account, and you're linked to the organization as
an Owner, right?

If so, you should be able to push from any repository to any other, just add
another remote. For example, in your personal local repo:

git remote add -f org git at github.com:D-Programming-Language/dmd.git

(where "org" is the name of the remote, you can pick whatever you like)

And on your d-programming-language local repository:

git remote add -f personal git at github.com:WalterBright/dmd.git

Then to push to a specif repository, just do: git push <repo-name> <branch>

For example: git push personal master

The repository from where you forked originally is named "origin", so you can
also write: git push origin master (but origin is used by default if you don't
specify a remote).

But again, if you are merging patches using the web interface, you don't even
need to have a clone of the d-programming-language repository if you want to go
through the auto tester.

Hope this helps.