[dmd-internals] Making druntime a shared library on linux

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Mar 25 15:19:34 PDT 2013

On Monday, March 25, 2013 12:46:46 Walter Bright wrote:
> I couldn't find a linker flag to prefer libdruntime.so over libdruntime.a,
> or vice versa, so I named the shared library libdruntimeso.so. Ugh. If
> there's a better way, please let me know.

I believe that the .so is preferred over the .a so that you normally give the
.a version explicitly if you want to link against it, but it looks like
there's also a -Bstatic flag to tell it to link against the static version.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6578484/telling-gcc-directly-to-link-a-library-statically

- Jonathan M Davis