[dmd-internals] Assertion in the linker on Mac OS X

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon May 13 00:21:59 PDT 2013

On May 12, 2013, at 10:53 PM, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.ca> wrote:

> You should also check what you're linking with. If you're linking against the custom druntime with Objective-C support (as it happens normally with this test), the culprit may well be in one of those druntime objc support functions too. In this case _dobjc_throwAs_d is referenced (which will convert Objective-C exceptions to D exceptions).
>
> There are other tests in this folder. If you try the objc_selector.d test, it should give you some insight whether the problem has to do with the selector literals. It'll probably fail too, but in this case if you comment out the function calls made through the selector variables (so it won't reference anything special in druntime for exceptions) and you'll have a much more isolated test.

The reason why I'm suspecting the selectors is, I run an object dumper that I found in the linker sources. It fails on line 402:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/ld64/ld64-134.9/ld64-134.9/src/other/ObjectDump.cpp

I printed "leftString" and "rightString", and run the tool on an object file that works, they both contain selector names.

--
/Jacob Carlborg