[dmd-internals] Helping out with the auto... packager(?)

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Nov 7 03:59:09 PST 2013

Hi, unfortunately I don't have enough time to take care of the full
release manager, but I think it will be a huge step if we can get the
auto-tester automatically do packages (zip, deb, tar.gz, whatever) when
a new tag is created, using the version number of the tag.

Brad, is this what you intended to do? How can I help you to make it
happen? I don't know how much time I can put on it but I'll do what
I can.

If we achieve that, then a release master can concentrate on planning,
which is what he should do (when is the first beta? when is the first
rc? When the first release? When to release a patchlevel?) and picking
the right version number ;). If the packaging is automated, this should
be a much easier position to take.