[dmd-internals] Bugzilla cleanup

Daniel Murphy yebblies at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 20:17:51 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM, H. S. Teoh <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 06:14:56PM +1100, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> Also, what do the other severities mean? It would be nice to set down
> some definitions, like minor = "causes inconvenience but has easy
> workaround", major = "causes language feature to be unusable as
> advertised" (rather than major = "I think this is important and I want
> it fixed NAOW!"), etc..

I generally mark ices as critical, but it's fairly subjective.

There are definitions here:
https://d.puremagic.com/issues/page.cgi?id=fields.html#bug_severity

> > - Versions other than D1/D2/D1 and D2
>
> What about bugs filed against specific releases? Or we don't have those
> kinds of bugs / we don't have the resources to keep track of them?

There used to be a version for each release, but we gave up a while back
and just started treating everything as D1/D2.  We are now supposedly
supporting a couple of old releases, but only for regression fixes.