[dmd-internals] Fixing github pull requests that I borked up

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Oct 8 04:50:17 PDT 2013

On Oct 08, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:

> That's perfectly fine as long as it's to your branch (which it normally would
> be for a PR). The problem is when it's done to master. However, I didn't know
> that you could get away with doing a push without listing the target branch. I
> always list the target branch, which is less error-prone, since you're never
> going to push -f to master.

It depends on your git settings. You can tell git to either push all your branches (that have a matching branch on the remote) when doing "git push" or just push the active branch. There are couple more alternatives as well.

See the first four examples here:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-push.html#_examples

Have a look at this as well:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-config.html

Search for "push.default". The default value of this setting was/will be changed in Git 2.0.

--
/Jacob Carlborg