[dmd-internals] Preparing for beta

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat Oct 12 15:57:20 PDT 2013

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:09:19 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/12/2013 9:52 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:56 AM, Walter Bright <walter at digitalmars.com>
wrote:
> >> I'd like to hold off on merging pull requests until we get the beta
> >> released (but keep on generating pull requests!), unless those PR's
> >> resolve 'regression' issues, or 'critical' or 'blocker' issues with
> >> non-disruptive changes.
> >
> > So we are giving up on the idea of a release branch?
>
> Not at all. I'll set one up soon.

It's just that normally the thing would be to create the release branch and
never tell anyone to stop merging pull request. You'd just create the branch
for the release, and merges could continue to happen as normal on the master
branch with the fixes that actually need to get into the release then being
merge separately into the release branch.

- Jonathan M Davis