[dmd-internals] dmd/32 + windows server 2012 ==> test failures?

Brad Roberts via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 4 12:48:19 PST 2014

Does anyone else build dmd 32 bit environment on windows server 2012?
I've been having trouble doing so and it's blocking my efforts to help
get ddmd moving forward on windows.

The problem I'm seeing is that the druntime unittest fails.  Digging
into them it looks like it's the core.thread tests.  My windows
debugging experience is close to 0, and windbg is.. interesting.

Before I spend more time, is anyone else running successfully in the
same environment?  Or even better, can anyone else duplicate my results?

The details of my env:
   ec2 c1.medium windows instance in a vpc
   running ami-a13d6891 (Windows_Server_2012-R2 ... 2014.11.19)

   dm857c.zip -- from downloads.dlang.org/other/

   dmd, druntime, phobos from tip of master on Nov 26
      (the tree was nice and green)

It shouldn't matter, but for completeness, I'm in a cygwin environment,
but with dmc's toolchain at the head of the path and properly setup in
sc.ini.

The win/32 tester is a windows 2008 server.  The win/64 tester is
windows 2012.  I see this problem on both the existing win/64 tester
(started with a much older ami but current with windows updates so
should be very similar to the above ami) and a brand new instance spun
up specifically to dig into this problem (with exactly the above ami).

I'm going to keep digging, but some confirmation of success or failure
by anyone else would be useful info.

Thanks,
Brad