[dmd-internals] Halp! need help fixing git master for dmd

Daniel Murphy yebblies at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 01:40:18 PST 2014

You had an old master, with your testCols commit on top.  Then you merged
upstream master into it.  Then you pushed that merge commit to upstream,
accidentally.

When you 'fixed' it, you made the testCols commit the new master.  This
discarded all the changes from the upstream master. (from the last day or
so)

Luckily this doesn't seem to happen very often.  To make this less likely,
I recommend you do not pull from upstream master manually, and you instead
have a sh/batch file that runs: `git pull upstream master --ff-only` which
will fail loudly if you have made changed in your master branch (rather
than silently creating a merge commit).

As for CRLFs, I recommend turning git's autocrlf off, so git no longer
messes with your line endings.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3307