[dmd-internals] DMD copyright assignment

Walter Bright via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 24 12:41:50 PDT 2014

On 6/24/2014 11:16 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-internals wrote:

> This is exactly the kind of overhead we're trying to avoid in the first place.
> Looks like you want to transform a triviality into an interesting legal
> endeavor, and on someone else's money. -- Andrei

I've dealt with lawyers many times. None of them will give you an actual answer.
They hem, haw, and refuse to commit to anything substantial, then send you a
whopping bill. If they do draw up a contract, and there's a legal dispute over
the contract, the lawyer won't stand behind it.

The only actual answers you can get are from a judge.

No thanks.