[dmd-internals] DMD copyright assignment

Walter Bright via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 24 12:53:30 PDT 2014

On 6/24/2014 11:46 AM, Steven Schveighoffer via dmd-internals wrote:
> . I've already relinquished any contributions to DMD (I think maybe once I
> submitted a PR to fix a typo in an error message).

Yes, and I thank you and appreciate that.

> Giving away all rights to hundreds of hours of work done on free time, or even at the core of someone's business may seem trivial to you, I'm not sure everyone feels that way.

That's kind of in the nature of contributing to free software. It took me a
while myself to come to terms with that. It's not to say that means no reward
for doing it - one is the satisfaction of making a difference by contributing to
something great, the other is the getting the credit for doing so. The credit
has a lot of value to one's professional career, which is why I strongly
encourage contributors to use their real names on github.