[dmd-internals] DMD copyright assignment

Jonathan M Davis via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 25 09:45:53 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 15:59:38 Leandro Lucarella via dmd-internals
wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu, el 25 de June a las 06:21 me escribiste:
> > On 6/25/14, 6:19 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> > >Why? I still don't get it. All the rest makes no sense at all unless you
> > >can answer that question.
> >
> > I care for his peace of mind enough to do him a small favor. -- Andrei
>
> This is ridiculous, seriously, I'm surprised. I thought we were smart
> technical people.

I confess that I'm a bit surprised that Andrei is responding the way that he
is - particularly in light of the fact that most open source projects do not
require copyright assignment - and I think that he's reacting too strongly,
but so are you. Having tempers flare over this isn't helping anyone. This
conversation seriously threatens to reach the point where it's uncivil enough
that it's unuseful and counter-productive, if it hasn't reached that point
already.

- Jonathan M Davis