[dmd-internals] Weird issue in tester?

Steven Schveighoffer via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 28 05:27:47 PDT 2014

Jonathan Davis has added a pull request to help enable using coarser clocks that are faster to retrieve, and the auto tester is having issues with it.

A very odd thing, it failed only on MacOS, under some test in the dmd test suite, and the failure was a linker error. But only when -inline is used. See an example here: https://auto-tester.puremagic.com/pull.ghtml?projectid=1&runid=1234960

Now it is failing both on MacOS and Windows, with the same linker symbol not resolved on the same test. But both Linux and FreeBSD are fine. Not only that, but there are tons of tests happening before the failing one which all pass.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it's an obscure compiler bug. But I have no idea how to reduce it, and it's very repeatable.

Thoughts? Should we just file a bug report that points at the auto tester?

-Steve