[dmd-internals] 4th Biweekly Sprint Planning

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 23 07:56:42 PDT 2015

Congrats everyone and particularly Daniel for making ddmd happen.

As usual small retro:

We lost the momentum from the release when the ddmd switch stalled for
another week. Unfortunately during this week more random work was done
(lots of new cards/backlog items were pulled) than working on the
release follow-ups. Therefor our pipeline is rather blocked currently.
This excludes Kenji who nicely fixed up an incomplete feat from 2.068.0 [¹].

https://trello.com/b/XoFjxiqG/active

We still finished quite some goodies. Druntime now runs debug tests in
CI for the first time since years, curl is finally loaded at runtime,
there is some close to testable PR for backtraces with line numbers
(linux-only for now), and well ddmd is now dmd.

[¹]:
https://trello.com/c/JGdqFVTZ/43-issue-14900-2-068-0-change-log-example-does-not-compile

Planning:

The next release 2.068.1 will be in 2 weeks (beta in 1 week).

Version | Date
------------------|----------
Beta 2.068.1 | 2015-08-30
Release 2.068.1 | 2015-09-06
Branch+Beta 2.069 | 2015-09-20
Release 2.069.0 | 2015-10-04

- We should deal with the few open 2.068.0 issues
- We need to address the template issue, there is more and more fallout.
- some follow-up from profilegc
- decide on the assert failure in statement.c
- I promised to ship it with a m32coff phobos which requires on a few
installer
changes(https://trello.com/c/al6RlkJP/44-mscoff32-libs-for-release)
- let's ship the next version with tar.xz packages (additionally to the
.zip ones), this will cut the download in half
- there seems to be no more need for the fat combined zip, let's drop it

As usual please put your name on a card if you're working on it.

-Martin