[dmd-internals] 1st Biweekly Sprint Planning

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 12:09:57 PDT 2015

On 07/09/2015 03:45 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Recently got on-board with Semaphore-CI (better platform than
> Travis-CI IMO)

Well adding D to the list of supported PLs always helps our visibility,
but then again there is way more important stuff to do than adding a
Travis-CI alternative.
It's also an endless job to add support for all CI systems.
http://www.slant.co/topics/186/compare/~circleci_vs_shippable_vs_travis

> currently investigating using their docker-beta platform to push out
binary tarballs

For release building? Are you cross-compiling? That would be interesting
for dmd as well. VirtualBox doesn't make things faster, but
cross-compiling comes with it's own drawbacks.

> Download paths needs an overhaul.  In retrospect I think it's
> not a good idea to update D frontend versions in GCC release
> branches.

Not sure. In the long-run you want to move gdc into the gcc repo, so
gcc's version numbers should be dominant.
I think 4.9.2+2.068.0 perfectly makes sense.
How does gccgo handle this?