[dmd-internals] 1st Biweekly Sprint Planning

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 9 16:00:58 PDT 2015

On 07/09/2015 10:37 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> I actually had a good rant about this last month, because I can no longer
> wait for the broken auto-tester to start working on all platforms, but all
> alternates are useless offers for medium to large open source projects.
>
> So it was quite a relief to find out that Semaphore offers:
> - 4GB "soft" limit, doesn't actually kill your build/tests if you sometimes
> exceed.
> - 60 minute limit "per command", so you could have 24 commands that each
> take 59 minutes and things will continue to build.
>
> Everything I've thrown at it, it has consumed with delight and succeeded.
> This makes me a happy user.

Depends on how long they can sustain offering high performance root
servers for free. Doesn't sound like a feasible business model.
But indeed there seems to be a market niche for a service that offers
few but resource intensive builds per month, as opposed to many less
intensive test cycles.

BTW, I have a nice card in the backlog, writing a heroku buildpack for D.
https://trello.com/c/XsuNi8bt/18-heroku-buildpack-for-d
Heroku is a slightly expensive, but heavly used PaaS.
They offer a free tier (https://www.heroku.com/pricing) that has plenty
of resources to deploy small vibe.d apps.