[dmd-internals] How does TypeInfo.init work?

Mike Franklin via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 11 16:48:53 PDT 2015

Ok, but if you look at the TypeInfo class in object.d [1], you'll see init() returns null.  Then if you look at the TypeInfo_i class for integers [2], it doesn't override init().  I, therefore, suspect some compiler special treatment.  So, how (and where in the source code) does an integer get it's 32-bit 0 initial value?

[1] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/object.d#L289[2] https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/typeinfo/ti_int.d#L18
 Mike