[dmd-internals] Delaying 2.068.0 to after DConf?

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun May 17 03:28:43 PDT 2015

On 05/14/2015 10:03 PM, Martin Nowak via dmd-internals wrote:
> On 05/14/2015 07:12 PM, Martin Nowak via dmd-internals wrote:
>> also most of the few features for 2.068.0 are only half-finished
>
> BTW, can we compile a quick list of the main features for 2.068.0. It
> will help me to supervise the pull requests.
>
> - Unique and RefCounted overhaul
> - @nogc rangifying of phobos algorithms (what's the state here, you need
> more reviewers?)
> - new AA implementation (not too great results though)

Is that a silent no? Can't really accept that.

We have to find a way to better coordinate our work, b/c too much stuff
gets stuck in unreviewed PRs making feature development for a certain
point release close to impossible. We're also paying a high price for
having people working on 5 different topics in parallel to compensate
for the high review latency.

The assertion that we can't plan volunteer work is wrong. A lot of
people explicitly ask for upfront approval of work, or are just lacking
an overview of useful things to do (they are usually sent to Bugzilla
and get lost in the sheer amount of issues).

I suggest that we reactivate our trello board, the site has improved
quite a lot (I use it daily at work).
We should also establish something like an open biweekly meeting to plan
the next 2 weeks, e.g. in form of an e-mail chat on dmd-internals.

I made 2 boards to start with, someone should get rid of the old ones.
https://trello.com/b/XoFjxiqG/active
https://trello.com/b/jGdlx9vZ/backlog

-Martin