[dmd-internals] Refactorings of dmd

Walter Bright via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Fri May 22 00:18:26 PDT 2015

We have a big problem with dmd:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=201147&query_format=advanced

A large and rapidly growing regression list. Something is going seriously wrong.

We've also had a number of very large refactorings of dmd code. I do not see how
this has improved anything. In fact, they make things worse by making it hard to
trace through what went wrong, as the code is all shuffled around.

(Vladimir has done a great job in isolating which pull requests caused which
regression.)

Until this gets under control:

1. There will be no more refactorings unless approved by myself.

2. I want to focus on cutting down that regression list, not adding ever more
features.