[dmd-internals] 8th Sprint Planning

David Nadlinger via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 28 05:11:55 PDT 2015

On 28 Oct 2015, at 14:03, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-internals wrote:
> On 10/28/2015 03:48 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Linux and FreeBSD are supported. OS X is officially not supported,
>> native TLS is a blocker. I'm not sure about Windows.
>
> Thanks. Do we have a tracker issue for OSX and anyone working on it?
> -- Andrei

It would be pretty straightforward to get working on LDC/OS X
– basically just go through our (well, Martin did most of the work)
implementation for Linux and adapt it, using the dyld source code for
reference [1]. I don't think anybody is working on it right now, though
(Dan, maybe?).

For DMD, you are going to need the help of a person who is willing to
deal with the backend part of the TLS implementation first. You can the
use the same solution as for LDC.

  — David

[1] You might need to use some "private" functions to get the
enumeration of sections working in a way that does not lead to a crash
when the shared library is unloaded.