[dmd-internals] 8th Sprint Planning

David Nadlinger via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 28 07:21:56 PDT 2015

On 28 Oct 2015, at 16:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 10/28/2015 08:11 AM, David Nadlinger wrote:
>> For DMD, you are going to need the help of a person who is willing to
>> deal with the backend part of the TLS implementation first. You can
>> the
>> use the same solution as for LDC.
>
> I'll ask Walter. So are you referring to the existing Linux LDC
> implementation, or the not-yet-existing OSX LDC implementation you
> sketched above?

What I was trying to say is that if somebody not familiar with the DMD
backend wanted to use OS X shared libraries, I'd point them towards LDC
right now. After it works there, the same code can be used for DMD too
(it's strictly more work to implement it there because of the TLS
implementation). And to get it to work on LDC, the non-ELF-specific
parts of the Linux/FreeBSD implementation can be reused.

  — David