[dmd-internals] 5th Biweekly Sprint Planning​

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 9 13:16:59 PDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 09:40 PM, Vladimir Panteleev via dmd-internals wrote:
> That's just cold. So do you want me to stop checking if filed bugs are
> regressions? That doesn't seem logical to me.
>
> Many people seem to not realize that the bugs they run into are actually
> regressions and their code worked fine in older versions of D, but I do
> not think that these are less important to fix.

Sorry if that sounded harsh. All I'm saying is that we need to be
careful when filling our only prioritization scheme, e.g. try to look at
https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=regression and
tell me what's important.

>> b/c that's the only working communication channel we have
>> for high priority stuff.
>
> Bugzilla has a priority field, but it doesn't seem to be used much.

Indeed, there is priority and severity. We should use both much more
consistently b/c there are important bugs (affecting many users) that
aren't severe and severe regressions that aren't too important.