[dmd-internals] auto-tester changes

Steven Schveighoffer via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 1 12:26:05 PST 2016

> On Feb 1, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>

>> On 1 feb 2016, at 15:34, Steven Schveighoffer via dmd-internals <dmd-internals at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> From what I remember, there was one linking issue when I ran the dmd tests. After disabling that test, everything worked. This was back when I added the flags to make the clang-based build warnings go away for the most part, probably a couple years ago?
>>
>> This was not for the 32-bit build though, I never tried that.
>
> I’ve been building DMD locally with Clang for quite a while now (probably for years). No problems with 64bit. I get the same errors for the 32bit cross build. 32bit is dead on OS X, only interest would be for some iOS device. But DMD doesn’t support ARM.

Me too, I’ve never installed GCC, and I’ve done all my development with clang.

However, the link issue only happened for one test out of the dmd test suite. I don’t routinely run the test suite when I’m doing druntime or phobos development, so it’s not very much of an issue. I don’t even know if it still occurs.

This is why I fixed all the warnings, because it was so annoying to see all those messages when building dmd :)

-Steve