[dmd-internals] Future of DMD on OS X 32bit?

Michel Fortin via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 11:25:48 PST 2016

Le 10 janv. 2016 à 12:31, Andrei Alexandrescu via dmd-internals <dmd-internals at puremagic.com> a écrit :

> Asking on the ng is a good idea. I'm a bit concerned about iOS. My understanding is iOS is a pared-down OSX/32, is that right? If that's the case, if we choose to neglect/drop OSX/32, we're creating difficulties for ourselves later.
>
> I just saw http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/07/the-state-of-the-64-bit-transition-in-ios-and-whats-left-to-be-done/, so apparently we're at the tail end of iOS/32?

Apple stopped selling 32-bit iOS devices in 2015. There is still a lot of 32-bit devices out there that are still supported by the newest OS, including my 2011 iPad 2. Developers can ship 64-bit only apps today if they want, the App Store allows that.

... and then came the Apple Watch which is 32-bit and runs watchOS, a pared-down down iOS.

--
Michel Fortin
https://michelf.ca