[dmd-internals] New DIP handling process

Михаил Страшун via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 11:47:23 PDT 2016

Oops, I have sent this e-mail from wrong address first and only now
noticed it didn't get to the mail list. Repeating again:

I think we are in pretty good shape to move forward with it now.

Changes since last week:

- Exported most of already implemented DIPs as a separate "archive"
directory (https://github.com/Dicebot/DIPs/tree/master/DIPs/archive).
Some of very old DIPs don't represent actual implementation despite
being marked as approved and I skipped them to prevent spreading confusion.
- Added explicit mention that DIPs authored by Andrei/Walter are handled
differently despite beeing part of queue (they don't need own approval,
instead it becomes community feedback aggregation)
- Switch to Creative Commons Zero 1.0 license instead of legally vague
"public domain"
- Few wording tweaks here and there

I also wanted to initiate transfer of ownership to "dlang" github
organization but it only allows to do so if you are admin of both repos
- any suggestions how to handle it?

Unless there are any objections on proposed process, I'd like to proceed
with community announcement and call to start submitting proposals
(including exported drafts from wiki) as soon as repo is transferred to
dlang organization.