[dmd-internals] New DIP handling process

Михаил Страшун via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 06:33:19 PDT 2016

On 07/05/2016 03:08 AM, Walter Bright via dmd-internals wrote:

> On 6/30/2016 4:09 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>>> On 30 Jun 2016, at 00:15, Walter Bright via dmd-internals
>>> <dmd-internals at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought all Boost required was leaving the notice intact.
>>
>> It requires attribution for distribution source code, but not binary
>> code. But that does not make much sense for a document.
>
> Since a lot of our docs are generated from source code, I think it would
> be confusing to mix Boost licenses in with CC licenses.

There is nothing confusing. CC0 is a special license crafted to emulate
public domain concept as close as possible in jurisdictions that don't
have the notion of public domain. It can be considered a functional
equivalent of public domain and as such is even more permissive than Boost.

I decided to not use Boost to avoid shady questions regarding mandatory
attribution when i.e. quoting the DIP text / code snippet in newsgroup post.