[dmd-internals] New DIP handling process

Михаил Страшун via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 12 13:15:05 PDT 2016

On 06/12/2016 10:57 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> I worry about a process that requires regular time commitments from
> Andrei and myself. We always start out with good intentions, but
> eventually reality sets in. I don't have a good answer.

It is important though, otherwise it will only differ from existing
system in fancy decorations. Note that "regular" doesn't mean "often" -
we can schedule it even once a year if needed. It just needs to have
some reliable rarity margin to ensure some slow consistent progress.

As it was already mentioned before, DIP process is special in a sense
that no matter how much routine volunteer can take care of, in the end
it is still you and Andrei who need to make the decision and that part
simply can't be delegated - we can only try removing the burden of
getting to that point (which is exactly what I am trying to do here).

I all open for any tweaks that make the process more convenient to you
but I am afraid at least some commitment is unavoidable.