[dmd-internals] 14th planning

Martin Nowak via dmd-internals dmd-internals at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 8 09:41:56 PDT 2016

On 09/24/2016 04:52 AM, Martin Nowak via dmd-internals wrote:
> - Next Month Development
>
>   - [templated vector ops
> (arrayOp)](https://trello.com/c/TNCQ6xBk/171-templated-library-arrayop-implementation-also-fixes-issue-15619)
>
>     Lot's of work already done, RPN support in dmd and a working (for
>     simple things) generic arrayOp.
>     Still need to talk to gdc/ldc developers whether they want to rely
>     on auto-vectorization instead of SIMD intrinsics.
>

>   - templated library AA (core.aa) [more core.aa
> feedback](https://trello.com/c/RDVhfCZR/235-more-core-aa-feedback),
> [finish core.aa
> implementation](https://trello.com/c/rgZ4Nd9g/236-finish-core-aa-implementation)
>
>     We got some momentum to continue work on the core.aa proposal, see
> discussions in the

Change of plans, once 2.072 is out, I'll join and help Walter with his
work on memory safety (DIP1000 et.al.).
So the templated runtime API will have to wait until at least 2.074 (Feb
2017) unless someone else picks it up ;).

Walter is mainly working on persuading people of his DIP1000 work and
PR, but also enjoys translating dmd's backend while waiting for responses.

Stefan Koch is currently working on adapting it's CTFE bytecode API to
LLVM's backend in order to verify the design of the API.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/acmqjjnecwryyzpklgjx@forum.dlang.org

-Martin