[dmd-internals] Create a dmd-cxx branch on dlang/dmd

Diederik de Groot ddegroot at talon.nl
Mon Dec 11 19:28:11 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 23 July 2017 at 22:40:13 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 23 July 2017 at 23:52, Brad Roberts via dmd-internals
> <dmd-internals at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> I just setup the auto-tester to test the dmd-cxx branches:
>>
>>     https://auto-tester.puremagic.com/?projectid=17
>>
>> One thing that needs to happen for it to build is to catch up
>> with the changes made to the makefiles to put the build output
>> in the generated directory.  I'm sure there's others, but
>> that'll get past the first batch of errors I see right now.
>>

> Really?  That is a bit of a shame, I'd rather not much around
> with the build config more than what is strictly necessary.
>
> Iain.

Hi Iain/All,

Thanks for creating the dmd-cxx branch. I used it when porting
dmd/druntime and phobos to DragonFlyBSD (see:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/bsgxwztbentpvxggahzx@forum.dlang.org).

Is the dmd-cxx going to be available in the future as a starting
point for other ports ? Are you / is anyone working on making it
compatible with the current master branch (v2.077.x) ? Or is it
ok to use a multi stage method (like i did) ?

I used v2.068.2 as the middle stage, instead of v2.072.2 to which
you updated dmd-cxx, which i only noticed after i had finished
the v2.068.2 version. Is it ok to depend on 2.68.2 instead of the
version you chose ?

Regards,

Diederik