[dmd-internals] Create a dmd-cxx branch on dlang/dmd

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Tue Dec 12 01:03:43 UTC 2017

Hi Diederik,

On 11 Dec 2017, at 23:16, Diederik de Groot via dmd-internals wrote:
> From the above i gather, from your response, i should be ok with using
> 2.068 as the intermediate stage.

What might be easier than to use an intermediate stage is getting a DMD
version tagged that is 2.068.2, but with the one D dependency removed.
2.068.2 is basically still entirely C++; only some auxiliary code has
been converted to D to test the waters

For LDC, more specifically our last C++-based version (0.17.x/ltsmaster
branch), we just reverted that change. The resulting 2.068.2-based
compiler can directly bootstrap current master.

Best,
David